Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April A - Z Challenge: G is for...





Graphic Artist



Define: an artist who designs and makes prints


One of my favorite parts about the book publishing world is the Graphic Artist/Graphic Designers. Even if I don't need a book cover at the present moment I love looking through peoples works. Premades, Portfolios, ad work, etc. I marvel at some of these peoples work. 

I can not stress enough PAY FOR A COVER. If you are a graphic artist and know your way around photoshop and can make a high quality appealing professional looking cover then go for it. Otherwise shell out the dollars to have one made for you. Despite what you may think YES books are often judged by their covers. 

The great thing about most Graphic Artist is they also offer to create designs for promotion ads, swag, and other things for you as well. 


We have a list of some great Artist you could check out if you need one. 




·         The Cover Counts
·         Amy G Dala Design
·         Blue Harvest Creative
·         Paramita Bhattacharjee
·         Mallory Rocks Art
·         Lynnstar

4 comments:

  1. Cover artists and graphic designers impress the heck out of me. I'd definitely pay for one (although having a pubber to pay makes me happier.)
    Lexa Cain’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your recommendations. I'm not in the market yet but I will be soon and I'll be sure to check them out. What can one expect to pay for a decent cover? (I realize they vary, just looking for a ballpark figure.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the letter illos. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete