Monday, April 7, 2014

April A - Z Challenge: F is for...





Formatting




Definition: The material form or layout of a publication.


A good idea to do with your books is take time to make it formatted to what you are publishing it on. Ebooks look different than Paperbacks. Smashwords format is different than Kindle format. And so on. You can certainly go at this process on your own. Smashwords gives you a book to read about how to format correctly for them. You can order proofs to see how things will look before you push publish. I highly HIGHLY advise you ALWAYS look at your work before you hit publish. You never know what crazy things can happen during an upload or something.

You can also pay people to format your book for you. These people typically have done this before. But just to be safe I would ask how many they have done. Many times people won't advertise they will format your book without having experience doing so.



3 comments:

  1. At one time a publ. asked me to format my book and after a full night of doing that I received another request for the book and off it went and I didn't have to format it, they did it for me. phew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formatting is so important, more important than most people realise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by on the 8th day of the #atozchallenge. The fee I paid #Book Baby included formatting for the various e-readers. Of course, I managed things as you have suggested while writing the novel. Thanks for this good info during the #Challenge. If you have time or interest, I am writing about gardens and related topics this month. Stop by and see me.

    ReplyDelete