Friday, March 28, 2014

March Madness Presents: D. Love









Derinda lives in Maine. Her biggest passion is for her family and friends. She adores loving others as if it is the biggest gift life can offer. She is a read-a-holic, loves chocolate, cowboys and everyone on her Young Adult & Teen Readers Facebook page.



Connect with D. Love! 








Derinda Love is also the host and sponsor of Believe Hope Live Charity/book Signing Event. Benefiting cancer patients and survivors.












COMING IN APRIL!!!!!




What if one day you awake to realize you can only remember two of the twenty two years of your life? Kate Miller is damaged, and her only possessions are a bird, a shady past she can only remember through nightmares, and a very uncertain future. These constant nightmares introduce her to a life she never knew existed. Running away from a certain evil, she discovers she has a gift that can change the course of life...

In one night everything will change. After being taken by a stranger who claims he's there to protect her, odd things start happening. Will Kate have time to learn the truth about her past? Will she learn how to use her powers in time before she dies?

After all, death is just a breath away!













Other books by D. Love

   











Interview with D. Love!!!



1.       What advice would you give someone who is wanting to step foot into the writing world?
Believe in yourself.  However if confidence is a problem, then I would say write a couple of chapters. After your done place them aside and wait a week or so. Then go back in and re-read what you wrote. Your answer will lie within your words.

2.       What is the hardest part about being an author?
Waiting on that first review to come through.

3.       What has been the happiest moment so far for you in your journey through being an author?
When I seen people actually reading my book. It was such a humbling moment.

4.       What can we expect from you in the next year?
Wow, next year seems so far away. I can tell you this year I will finish The Bailey Trilogy. Release ‘Ready For You’ that is co-written with Madison Daniel (if not already released) and in March my first Paranormal book ‘A Breath of Death’ will be released.  I am also hosting a huge Charity/book signing event for cancer in August. www.believehopelive.com

5.       If you were to take a vacation anywhere in the world (Family can come too) where would you go?
I would love to go to Ireland

6.       What are 3 things we can always find in your grocery basket?
Spearamint Tea, Butterfinger cups, and tomatoes.

7.        Are any of the characters in your book based on real people you know?
Yes there will always be  cameos in my books of real people.

8.        What is something that happened during or right after your publishing journey that nobody knows about?
After I released ‘Today Only’ I got so nervous, I made myself so sick I was hospitalize.  

9.        What is your morning routine like?
Shower , coffee, and work.

10.    When did you realize you wanted to be a writer?
I wish I could tell you since I was a little girl. However it was only after the story came alive within me. Then after one came others. 

11.   How long does it take you to write a book?
That depends on the book. However, I would say about six months.

12.    Are you a morning, afternoon, night writer?
A night writer. It’s so quiet and much easier for the imagination to be creative at night. At least for me J

13.    What would you say is one of your more interesting writing quirks?
I never outline my stories. I don’t use preparation for my books. I just let the story comes out when it’s ready. (Hope that makes sense LOL)

14.   What does your family think about your writing?
My family is my number one fans. They think I am famous hahahhaa.

15.   As a child what did you want to be growing up?
A bride J and I was having 11 children.  I grew up in the country where life was still old fashion.

16.   Where are you from?
I was born in San Bernardino, Ca however, raised in Indiana 

17.   What is your favorite thing about where you live now?
I live in Maine, and the leaf changing is something everyone should see.

18.   What was something you loved doing during the summer growing up?
Catching frogs hahahhaha and riding horses

19.   What is something you love doing during the winter now?
Reading and writing and of course the all-time favorite eating

20.   What inspired you to write your first book?
My family

21.   Do you think you have a specific writing style? What is it?
First person, present tense. I have tried the other ways and I just cannot get it down LOL

22.   Is there a message in your novels that you want readers to grasp?
I always try to place how important the power of love is, no matter what the form of it you use.

23.   Are experiences and events in your book based on your own life?
Of course, I think as an author, we all use some personal experiences in our books.

24.   Are there any authors you tend to go to as mentors and support or just advice?
Belinda Boring is the one who always seems to be my rock. K.B Miller is the other one that is there unconditionally.

25.   Name at least one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
That would be my PA Heather Alexander. Although there are tons that lean their support, so I feel bad only saying one. My street Team is amazing.

26.   If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books?
No I feel everything is meant to be.

27.   Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
For me personally my head creates faster than I can type.

28.  Give us three "Good to Know" facts about you. Be creative. Tell us about your first job, the inspiration for your writing, any fun details that would enliven your page.
The three facts are think are most important for me is, I remain humble. I try to keep humility in my everyday actions. Love is the biggest inspiration for my books.

29.   What is your favorite marketing tool when spreading the word about your work?
Friend’s love and support is the best marketing I have found yet.  




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the honor of being featured here today!

    ReplyDelete