She writes music.... She writes Young Adult....She Writes Paranormal Romance....And she is a bit nerdy.... She is the one....She is the only....She is....
I’m a biologist turned writer. I write YA/NA paranormal romance books mainly. I’m the author of
Devour and have several more books scheduled to come out later in 2013. I book blog for fun. I also
have a strong addiction to caffeine and fruit snacks. You can find me in Tennessee with my husband and
two Italian greyhounds.
If you ask anyone, I’m a total fangirl! I love the entertainment industry. I love Revenge and the Vampire Diaries on television. My favorite movies are Elektra and P.S. I Love You. I have a definite weakness for Tim Burton movies too. I’m beyond a huge fangirl for Shakira, both her English and Spanish music; Jack’s Mannequin comes in a close second. I have too many favorite authors to list, but Kelley Armstrong and Rachel Vincent are two of them. I’ve read all their books.
Connect with Andrea Online
He wasn’t supposed to remember.
Callie is a royal vampire. She hunts by taking the blood from her victims and erases their
memories afterwards. She goes undetected until a victim named Chase approaches her with all
his memories intact. He is intrigued and attracted. She is terrified. What happens when a human
mixes with the immortal world? Chaos.
Callie’s 18th birthday has passed and she is coming out at the annual blood ball. Will she find
a mate or will she suffer the repercussions of her indiscretion? She is brought to the Vampire
council and they must decide what to do with Chase. Do they kill him, or turn him to protect
1. Is it easier to write Young Adult Paranormal Romance or just Paranormal Romance?
I find myself writing YA/NA because I like that age group. So many coming of age situations are happening and it’s a hot topic genre.
2. If you could meet one of your own characters in person who would be the first one you want to come off the pages? Why?
Matt, the librarian in my upcoming Dancing with Death out May 15th, would be my pick. He is hot and caring and just overall yummy.
3. Are your characters based on people in your life?
No, not really. I like to build fresh characters that really bloom in their situations. I might do this someday, but haven’t yet. They characters like to become their own people, I just let them spread their wings.
4. If I was a new fan and wanted to get hooked into your writing style which series of yours should I start with?
Devour. It’s the most similar style to most of my books coming out this year. I’m not one for the tough situations, such as drug addicts and abusive homes.
5. Do you have a sweet treat you like to give yourself for reaching a writing goal?
I read a book that I’ve just been dying to read. Oh, sweet treat? I have to have a yogurt parfait and a pumpkin muffin from Panera.
6. You write music too. Do any of your songs inspire your stories?
I love to listen to music while I write. Shakira (Spanish and English music) and Jack’s Mannequin are my favorites. I also have a huge thing for A Fine Frenzy, Marina and the Diamonds and Paramore.
7. What advice would you give to authors who want to start writing in the paranormal romance genre?
Research everything. Research what paranormal you are going to write about. Know your audience and genres within the paranormal romance world.
8. What is your favorite thing to get at Starbucks?
Caramel Macchiatto with whip cream and extra caramel on top! Yum!!
9. Do you still hold on to your scientist biology nerdy side?
Yes, I do. I have a book I am re-releasing in June that really plays on that. I will always love science, genetic, plant biology and microbiology especially.
10. MOVIE NIGHT!! You have 10 seconds to tell me what movie you want to see that just recently came out. What are we going to go see?
I’m holding out for The Host on March 29th. That Stephenie Meyers book is one of my all time favorites. I’m psyched to go see it.
11. What are the names of your two greyhounds?
Pongo and Perdita. We have a Dalmatian thing going since my husband is named Roger.
12. It’s Monday night. What will you be watching on tv tonight?
Hmm…we’re probably 2 Broke Girls, Bones and Castle. If we’re watching the DVR, then it’s The Arrow and Supernatural.
13. If you could travel to any place in the world for vacation. Where would you go?
New Zealand. It is the ultimate vacation spot. There is the rainforest, beaches and beautiful scenery.
14. Do you like Missouri or Tennessee better?
Tennessee, I love the weather much better. Plus, we are 8 hours to tons of beaches, Charleston, SC, Savannah, Georgia, and the Gulf coast.
15. What is a question you’ve never been asked in an interview but always wanted to be? And what is the answer?
Are you going to be attending anywhere your fans can find you for book signings?
Yes, I will be at UtopYA Con in June, Indie BookFest in August, New Adult Sleepover Weekend in December, and Indie Girl Con in February. I look forward to meeting fellow authors and the fans that make my career happen, of course.